Friday, December 24, 2010

It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Blog

I promised a Muppet Christmas Blog and here it is.  I may have waited until the last day but I couldn't decided which Muppet Christmas Special to choose and I didn't want to cram them all into one (each one could've had its very own blog in my series).  Why did I choose this one then?  Well, Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Family Christmas are so classic that I honestly was intimidated to write about them.  I haven't seen the Muppet's Letters to Santa since it originally aired and I honestly couldn't remember enough about it to do it justice.  That really only leaves It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie.  Also, I did end up getting this movie for my second cousin, Carter.

I'm not too worried about Carter finding out about this gift and the surprise being ruined for him.  For one thing, Carter is 2 so no offense to the little guy, but I don't think he even realizes who the Muppet's are really (which is totally okay for him since he is only 2).  Also, this gift is going to be given to him within the next 24 hours.  For somebody to really ruin the surprise it would take an awful lot of effort.  Also, anybody willing to go through that much effort to ruin a 2 year olds Christmas surprise is just plain wrong, like worse then the Scrooge but probably just under the Grinch.  I am also fairly certain that out of my few readers, only maybe 2 of you actually know who Carter is thus making it pretty hard for you to tell him if you don't know who he is or what he looks like (for those of you don't know, Carter is my Cousin Jared's son).

This isn't about my awesome gift giving skills though.  This is about a Muppet Christmas movie that is often overlooked.  Now, it is inspired by It's a Wonderful Life which my mother absolutely loves, I myself am not a big fan.  Now, luckily they don't do the "every time a bell rings, an angel gets their wings" thing.  That little phrase is quite annoying.  Nope, it is just what life would be like if Kermit was never born, and as you could imagine, it would be pretty horrible.  Just like if the Muppets were never created, this world wouldn't be the same.  For starters, I wouldn't be typing this post.  Also, there wouldn't be a Sesame Street (I know, I just shuddered at the thought).  Imagine never seeing the Swedish Chef with his "bork, bork, bork" or Pepe ok (Pepe is the King Prawn who says ok after almost everything he says and Pepe is also awesome)?  No Gonzo or even Fozze Bear.  There wouldn't be anybody for the two old men in the balcony, Statler and Woldorf, to mock and criticize.  In fact, there wouldn't be a Statler or Woldorf.  My mind was just blown by trying to imagine a world without Muppet Treasure Island or any other Muppet related movie, series, or even special (like the Scrubs episode, which, Scrubs makes an appearance in this movie).  A world without Muppets is scary, but luckily we still have the Muppets.

I hate to put such a scary, Muppet-less world in your mind and run but that is exactly what I'm going to do.  You see, I still have to get ready to go spend Christmas Eve with some family.  Now, there is no way you can get mad at me for ditching out on this post early so I can go spend time with family on Christmas Eve.  If you do, well then you are the Grinch and I must admit, I feel honored to have such a celebrity as the Grinch read my blog.  I hope all of you are able to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas with your loved ones, in fact, I hope you were able to spend the entire Christmas Season with your loved ones.

Merry Christmas and God Bless you all,

-LD

1 comment:

  1. I have never seen A Very Muppet Christmas, but I love the Muppets and would love to see "It's A Wonderful Life" Muppetized. I'm trying to think which Muppet would be Clarence even as I type.

    Maybe tomorrow, after eating and presents, we could have a viewing?

    P.S. I promise not to tell Carter!

    ReplyDelete