Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Frosty the Blogman

I don’t know about you, but I build at least one snowman every winter.  It became a bit more difficult when I wasn’t living in out in the country with a ton of yard to work with but I still did it.  Some of you who know me will know that I built snowmen in the small grassy area by the W.E.B. and also in the front yard that the Highley’s (also Terel and Robbie for a small period of time) used to live.  This post isn’t about my awesome snowman building abilities though (but I am a pro), instead it is about the most famous snowman of all time, Frosty.  Frosty has at least 4 well-known specials which is pretty impressive, even though he has to share the title of one of them with that little red-nosed punkdeer better known as Rudolph.

Me with one of the W.E.B. Snowmen I built

Frosty is pretty great, he may not be the smartest character but he had a heart of gold.  When I say not the smartest character I’m being kind too (he was unable to count to 10).  But, he literally sacrificed himself to save that little girl in the first movie (this movie is old and popular enough I feel no need for spoiler alerts).  You may not remember, but she was about to freeze to death but Frosty saved her.  After finding a greenhouse (and if you haven’t been in one, they are hot and humid) Frosty, braves the heat and brings her inside.  Now, he ends up getting trapped in the greenhouse and melts but the point is that he did it all to save that little girl.  Like I said, not bright but heart of gold, well, classic Frosty that is.  No offense to John Goodman, but I’m not a huge fan of Frosty Returns.  The animation looks like a rip-off of Charlie Brown and it just seems too, I don’t know what but there is just too much of it.  It is a shame too though, because I do like Goodman’s voice for Frosty (I don’t care what you say, but to me he has the voice for a jolly fat man of snow).

Frosty...Duh

In fear of ticking off Jack Frost, I will give him a quick tip of the magic hat here.  If you are wondering what Jack Frost has to do with Frosty then you haven’t seen Frosty’s Winter Wonderland.  If you had seen it, then you will recall that Jack gets jealous of all the attention Frosty gets and attempts to ruin all the fun for Frosty.  Well Jack, I just want to say that I myself really like your very own self titled Christmas Special (which I sadly do not own…yet).  I know that without Mr. Frost there wouldn’t be any snow to make Frosty.  I also want to clarify when I’m talking about Jack Frost I am talking about the guy who looks like a chilly elf who nips at your nose, not that movie about the dead musician dad who comes back as a snowman.  Think I just made up that last part?  Go ahead; question my knowledge of all crummy Christmas movies.   Look it up, you will find that I am 100% correct.  Guess you just got Christmas movie owned.  Anyways, Jack Frost deserves props for snow so we can have Frosty.

Jack Frost (see, chilly looking elf)

Snowmen are great because they aren’t just Christmasy.  That is the very reason why I purchase some sort of snowman decoration for my dear mother every Christmas.  I literally (also, when I say literally it is in the correct context, I know the difference between literally and figuratively and if you don’t then you need to learn or you shouldn’t use those words at all, ever) started her snowman collection.  Others now will buy my mom snowman stuff because she now officially collects them.  I think that it is a better Christmas gift then any sort of Santa decoration (no offense to the big man) because you shouldn’t be displaying Santa all winter long (I guess it is “tacky”).  But a snowman on the other hand, you can keep those out for all to see up until spring time.  To me, you are getting a lot more bang for your Christmas gift that way.  Someday I should really get mom an actual Frosty figurine; she doesn’t have a legit Frosty one yet, just a bunch of generic snowmen.
I hope the weather soon will give me good packing snow so I can build my annual snowman.  I’ve never placed a hat upon ones head before so maybe this year I will try that because secretly every time I build a snowman I hope it comes to life like Frosty.  Seriously, if you know me then you probably know that I will do just about anything for the story but could you believe how awesome of a story that would make.  I could start up a whole new blog dedicated to stories about me and my snowman.  It could easily become a book.  Then it would become a crummy Christmas movie with sequels upon sequels.  I can see it now.  Well, now I’ve lost all interest in this blog and I’m daydreaming about the adventures I will have with my snowman, Franklin (like the puppet from Arrested Development).

Happy Birthday,

-LD 

No comments:

Post a Comment